Blog 1

November 10, 2008

This is my first blog post. I am working on this for my AKNS 108 class at UAA. For my first blog I wanted to utilize the UAA Consortium Library to find out why November is designated Native American History Month in the United States.

I am curious as to why November was chosen. Was it because of the pilgrims first being saved from starvation by the Native Americans they met in Plymouth? Is it because for Native American's November is a time to rest - summer and autumn is over all all the foods or crops are taken in - November. Still I am curious to why November was chosen.

Since our class took place at the UAA Consortium Library today I did a search on their website. I thought that I would look for magazine articles first and found 18 results. They are listed below.


Well I will continue tomorrow on this quest of finding out why November is Native American History Month. For today I showed you how to do a simple boolean search on the UAA Consortium Library website looking for articles in magazines.

Kris

No comments: